ETW Staff– Mumbai
SilkAir, the regional wing of Singapore Airlines, will offer its customers travelling on economy class the choice of securing a preferred seat, which are located in exit rows. These preferred seats are available for purchase during the seat selection phase when customers make their bookings on silkair.com. Customers can purchase a preferred seat on silkair.com any time before check-in opens (48 hours before flight departure).
Offering more legroom to customers, these preferred seats are open for advance selection for a fee of US$ 40 for flights to and from China, India, Australia, Nepal and US$ 20 for flights to and from all other SilkAir destinations. This new option will be on a first come, first serve basis, subject to terms and conditions.
These requisites which strictly comply with the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore’s flight safety guidelines, require that these customers must:
– Be at least 15 years of age at the commencement of the journey.
– Be fully able-bodied and capable of opening the exit doors and moving quickly or reaching and passing through the adjacent emergency exit. Persons with reduced mobility or any disability, whether profound or partial, and persons using portable oxygen or any other medical equipment are ineligible because they may endanger themselves or others.
– Be able to follow the safety instructions in English.
– Be in good health at the time of check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
– Not carrying infants or using an infant seat belt.
– Not pregnant.
– Not under the influence of any intoxicating substance at check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
– Not requiring an extension seat belt because of large body size.